Welcome!!one!

Buongiorno, bonjour and “g’day”! (don't you like how they're all the same thing? ~ who knew Australian vernacular was so cosmopolitan???).

Also, "a good day to you, sir/maam" for our American pals, "Ni Hao" to China, and "Здравствуй" to our Russian comrades, "etcetera etcetera and so forth"... (for Yul Brynner).

It’s your old pal Kit (Christof) Fennessy here. I've been writing this blog with your help for ten years, and there's over a hundred and fifty recipes, restaurant reviews of Australia and around the world, and general gourmet articles in these pages for you to fritter away your idle hours on.

Want to know more about me? Friend me on facebook, follow me on twitter, or even look up my New Yorker cartoons on instagram! NB; different platforms not all food related)


A big thank you, as always, to my sponsors at Blue Vapours (use them for all your design and advertising needs - we are waiting for your call!).

Now, what's on the bill of fare today?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Scugnizzo! Melbourne Italian Restaurant

http://www.scugnizzo.com.au/
558 Little Bourke St
Melbourne  VIC  300

It was a long time between meals for me at this little gem of a place, one of my all-time favourite restaurants in Melbourne.  I stumbled back across it as I was making my way home to the beach; catching a V-Line bus at Southern Cross Station in Melbourne and having two hours to kill.



 In spite of the picture (I was facing the kitchen for entertainment) the place was humming with 40+ patrons behind me.

The executive chef and owner of more than 10 years, Carmine Carannante, is expert with his menus, specializes in seafood, home-made pasta, has regular specials and is charming to the guests.  An absolute master of his profession.

Only minutes from Melbourne’s Southern Cross Station, it was like I'd died and gone to heaven, meeting an old, dear friend (the restaurant and Carmine).  10 out of 10, and can I recommend the "street urchin" (scugnizzo) next time you have a couple of hours to wait until your country bus or train departs?

0 comments: